Friday, April 23, 2010

My heart will choose to say, blessed be your name! You give and take away...

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 (New International Version)
The Coming of the Lord 13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.



I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted! We are truly thankful for all your support and prayers through out the year!


Looking back on this year of loss we are counting our blessings!


we were able to take part in a "walk to remember" this past Oct. where we walked with other grieving parents to remember our little babies in heaven. We released balloons in honor of each child as their names were read out loud. We tied Grace and Kaden's balloons together and watched them go up! It was such a beautiful day and a reminder that we are not on this earth to walk through these hard times alone. That God gives us each other and Hope in Him!







Last year we were given a "cherry blossom" tree in honor of our angel babies Grace and Kaden from our wonderful small group. We planted it last fall not knowing if it would blossom in the spring or not. We call it our tree of Hope!






This past year I also lost my Grandpa Longberg who has been fighting Alzheimer's for a few years. He has always been like a father to me and my bro, and He was such an amazing guy who loved God with all his heart, soul, and mind. Such a gracious man that was always willing to meet a need. On His death bed I asked him if he would watch over my babies for me? He took his big hand and placed it on my cheek and patted it. I will forever hold that memory in my heart. Grandpa, Gracie, and Kaden are all dancing with Jesus and the angels in glory! xo








For my Brother Ryan's birthday he was given a picture of Grandpa saving a little girl from a fire. It meant the world to him! Grandpa was always a hero in our eyes and will be forever in our hearts! Love you Grandpa xo






More to come ... Blessings to you and yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment