Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Our "tree of HOPE" is in full bloom.....

"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" ~ Isaiah 40:31

To our surprise we were greeted this spring with the site of a blossoming tree. Our beautiful gift from our small group that we named our "tree of HOPE" was in full bloom.





A new page to turn in our lives......


I was a week late and was feeling peaceful about waiting to take a test to see if we were expecting. A week prior I was tucking Lucas in to bed and he told me that he wanted to be a big brother and have a sister. We prayed together that night that God would bless our family by making Lucas a big brother. A week later I am tucking him in again and he places his hand on my belly and tells me that there is a baby in there. I have been keeping it quiet that I was late and was planning on taking a test the next morning. he has quite a gift and we are now nicknaming him the baby whisperer. LOL





The next morning I snuck out and took a test and it was two lines before it hit the counter top. WOW we are PG and I was going back in forth from being so excited and crying.



I was Praising God for the new life He has placed in my womb and answering our prayers!!!!!!



Now I got to wake Steve up for work with the best news ever!!!













The next day we told Lucas that he was going to be a big brother. He had quite the grin on his face, and told us that God had answered his prayers. He is obsessed with my belly and wants the baby to come out now. He has been calling the baby "sweet pea", and wants to see pictures in the book and a online video of babies in the womb. This will develop his patience.















We started to tell friends and family right away so that they could be praying for peace for us, and a healthy "sweet pea". I had my first Dr. appointment at 8 weeks. I was greeted with open arms and joyful hearts. They were so happy to see me :) I am so blessed to have such a caring Dr. and staff. They are the best :) At my first Dr. appointment they did a routine ultrasound where I got to meet our little one. Baby looks great and it was music to my ears and heart to hear the babies heartbeat!!! PRAISE GOD from whom blessings flow. We will be extra thankful this Thanksgiving welcoming a new member to our family!




"For you created my in most being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~ psalm 139:13-14

2 comments:

  1. I loved hearing the story of Lucas and his enthusiasm. Know that I am praying for you, and I was praying for you even before you told me you were pregnant. I think I knew too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for you, and wont stop! :) I'm so happy for you! I cant wait to meet my new nephew or niece!

    ReplyDelete