Thursday, July 9, 2009

Journey to the "hiding place" and Choosing to receive

From past journal entry:

I don't know about you, but it seems that God speaks to me through song a lot and not just familiar songs. A great deal of the songs that stick in my mind are from my past. Here is one that has been lay ed on my heart:

"You are my hiding place. You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance, whenever I am afraid I will trust in you! I will trust in you, let the weak say I am strong in the strength of the Lord."
After this came to mind I started searching through the word trying to find the verse that this song was from. After searching which seemed like a while I noticed that it was on the very next chapter in my "grieving the child I never knew" book my mouth dropped. Have you ever searched for something not realizing that it was right in front of your face the whole time. I felt God saying stop searching and look I have given you what you need. So the verse is a small but a powerful one...

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround you with songs of deliverance. ( Psalm 32:7 )

A question came to my mind. How is the Lord a hiding place? In the psalm David speaks of the Lord as his hiding place --- a place of security in an insecure world. Though David was probably thinking mostly of safety from physical threats, God also provides safety from spiritual trouble. He delivers us from death and evil.

The storms of life come in with sometimes no warning. Some are short hail storms and some are very long and draining. There is no heavy rain or damaging winds to spot and prepare for in advance. When we see a tornado or hard time coming we immediately run for cover or shelter.

So comparing this scenario to my life I would say a year ago when we found out the something was wrong with Grace and that she wasn't compatible to life as a warning for what was about to come. During the time of getting the confusing and terrifying news I found myself drawing closer to God then ever. I remember sitting at the table for hrs just reading God's word and trying to take comfort from anything or anyone that came my way. I didn't want to be by my self in a room, because I know that is the place where the enemy would attack the most. I found my hiding place to be out in the open and laying my life and my child's before the feet of our Father. Believe me if I was told that if I jumped the whole way around the block while eating a pb& j sandwich I would have done it. I would have done anything that was in my control to save my baby girl. God however had other ways of saving her and took her home from my womb at five months gestation. He saw the pain that she and us would have suffered and decided what was best for us. What happened this year was a tornado out of no where. We had no time to prepare for Kaden being called home, and I feel the Holy Spirits presence and anointing so strong right now. Again God had a higher purpose then what we can comprehend for Kaden. As parents we can relate on a small scale of taking things away from our kids that would cause harm to them. God wants to take away your pain if you let him take control. He will do what's best for you if you believe and trust in Him.

It's your choice to receive:

In the salon I have so many great conversations and I am so thankful that God has provided me a place where people can be open to talk about what they want. I once worked at a place where I was told by the owner that "Jesus' doesn't belong here and I am not to bring any talk of him to work" I was hurt and furious, but know I am blessed for all the times I had to bite my lip from saying his name out loud. Well on this day when I was talking to a friend I had a revelation. I was telling her how God is so good and that the strength and peace he has given me is amazing and unexplainable. She commented on my strength and how amazing it is to see, and I answered by saying that it is all God. "I am weak, but he is strong" She agreed that God is the giver of strength, but also wanted me to know that through her journey with caring for a sick baby son she has learned that God gives us the strength, but we have to CHOOSE to receive it. she went on to say "Rochelle you have to take some credit for the way you have responded to tragedy and your faithful attitude". wow I never thought of it as a choice. There is so much freedom in choosing to believe, it's that "free will" gift that God gave us. Sometimes it's a good thing and other times we take advantage of it and abuse the privilege. Humm reminds me of how toddlers operate you give them and "inch. and they will take a mile" We are a lot like toddlers in God's eyes.

God,
I pray that through the storms of life that you are always my hiding place and that I continue to put my faith and trust in you. Lord God help me to continue to choose to walk in your ways and to fight for you. Lord I pray for anyone that is making something else their hiding place would come out and find peace and strength in the shadow of your wing. We love you Lord and i ask this all in your name alone. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10.7.09

    Rochelle, I agree with your friend who told you that we all have to choose to recieve God's strength. We have to choose to believe in Him, to follow Him, to trust Him and His choices for our paths. And so many don't, so many choose not to recieve the strength that is available to us by Him. So I do think that YOU are strong as well! I think that you get that stength from Him, but at the same time, you choose to recieve that gift of strength.

    I know we aren't very "close" so I hope you aren't offended by anything I ever say! If so please let me know. I'm just amazed by your strength and wanted to let you know that. And I do care about you a lot and I'm sure that you're still grieving the loss of your little angel(s)more than any of us know. I'm still praying for you and thinking of you.

    Love, Lisa
    (your cousin Lisa vanBeekom(York), I had to post as anonymous)

    ReplyDelete