Monday, June 1, 2009

The word of God is like a SWORD!!!

5/22

So here it is nap time for Lucas and time for me to work on a little Beth Moore homework from a bible study I am doing with a group of girls on the book of Esther.

So with coffee and pen in hand I notice two well dressed women walking up my driveway with bibles in their hands. In the past my first reaction has been to quickly shut all the blinds and sit quiet until they leave, because I would not no what to say or have the right scripture passages to defend what I believe. Have you felt like this?

Well today was different and I could feel the Holy Spirit telling me to get up and go to the door. To my and the Jehovah witnesses amazement I opened the door before they even had a chance to knock.

I noticed that the little well dressed old lady had a pamphlet in her hand that said "How to have a stronger Faith". I chuckled a little because I could feel that God was about to use me as a tool for him (watch out when God decides to speak through you, because it is quick and powerful).

First of all I never gave them a chance to go over the pamphlet and before I knew it I was sharing with them all we have been through in the past year with loosing two children late in the womb. I told them that our faith has been increased from going through these hard times and caused us to grow closer to God, our marriage, family, friends, and the community.

I told them that a pamphlet or doing good is not your ticket to heaven. The price has been paid for you, and you are the one that needs to chose to live for Him. Not by your actions of doing good, but living out your faith!!! I told them to be blessed and to keep their pamphlet for someone else I have God's word hidden in my heart.
The look of shock said it all, that the word of God is like a SWORD:

Hebrews 4:12
"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
As I shut the door in disbelief of what just came out of my mouth I began to Thank God for giving me the words to speak...Something I have been afraid and hiding from brought me so much joy. I thought I had to prepare the right things and scripture to confront them not realizing that all I needed was to trust that God would give me the words to speak. I stood my ground in Jesus' name and it was like he was standing behind me screaming
"that's my Girl, way to trust in me"!!!
I encourage you to TRUST God and use the Bible as a SWORD!!!

3 comments:

  1. you caught those ladies dead in their tracks! well, the Word did. I'm so glad that we are able to have His words when ours don't make sense to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April Kornoelje2.6.09

    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to your blog because of your comment on my daughter-in-laws blog (Katie). I just needed to comment- It's amazing what we can do when we listen to the Holy Spirit. He promises to help us recall what we have learned. Obedience does bring joy! I'm so sorry about your loss of two children. It's so hard to understand all that happens and it's hard to trust that God knows the end result. Praying for you and your family as you continue to trust in Him.

    ReplyDelete