Thursday, May 21, 2009

Reason for my Hope!

The reason for my HOPE!
How God's grace and love will strengthen,
Rebuild, and, restore... "Charles Stanley"
The memorial plans were moving along and we were so thankful to be surrounded by a loving and caring community!!! One afternoon my brother asked me if I had certain verses picked out for the slide show of Grace and Kaden? I gave him a few, but then he shared with me Psalm 42:11...
"Why are you downcast,
O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your HOPE in God, for I will yet praise him,
my savior and my God."
I looked in my Quest Bible and on the side margin there was the question...
Why hope in a God who appears to have forgotten you?
The answer was:
Faith often means doing exactly that. We cling to promises that we believe will come true _healthy child_ (You fill in the blank)?
even if we cannot immediately see their fulfillment. the psalmist urges his heart to trust God's promises despite the seeming absence of God during dark times. Hope is the language of faith when evidence of God's care does not seem clear to us (Cor.13:13;Heb.11:1-2).
My mouth dropped and I had goosebumps, or God bumps. It was as if God had sent the ? and the answer... He is so cool!!!
The question that has been on Steve and My heart's is:
do we even try again?
The answer which I knew at that moment was:
God has not forgotten Steve and Rochelle. He wants Steve and Rochelle to cling to him and the promise that he is the author of the Dozeman's story and he is behind every scene even though they can't understand the reason for this tragedy. He is always there, and wants to give Steve and Rochelle the desires of their hearts. They just need to put their HOPE, TRUST, and DELIGHT in God their father.
Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
My life verse is Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
God only knows the future...
It is our choice to put our hope and trust in him. He is the reason for my hope!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kerri Burns21.5.09

    Thanks for sharing Rochelle. You are a real inspiration!

    ReplyDelete